I think you are wasting your money on diquat if it is Chara. You did not tell us how big the pond is. The diquat and Cutrine needs to be at the correct final pond concentration for a good kill. If I was wanting to spot kill just partial areas of submerged weeds I would be using a granular compound such as hydrothol or even granular 2-4D at the correct effectiveness for the labeled weeds. Granular Cutrine-Plus for Chara. Floridone will kill all your submerged plants including all the long leaf (American) pondweed. When I have Chara I use grass carp and/or especially tilapia who really like Chara when enough numbers are added. Tilapia denude my pond of Chara each summer. BEAWARE THAT WHEN AND IF YOU KILL ALL THOSE CURRENT POND PLANTS THAT ARE CONSUMING LOTS OF DISSOLVED NUTRIENTS MOST IF NOT ALL THOSE KILLED PLANTS WILL BE REPLACED IN BIOMASS OF FILAMENTOUS ALGAE(FA). Nature demands something use the available nutrients. Currently it is your submerged leafy plants keeping lots and lots of FA reduced.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 09/27/21 08:55 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management