I have worked for a pond a lake management company before, the biggest issue is that all the companies that is somewhat close to me is 2 hours away and they all require employees to sign a non-compete. The company that I used to work for had an 18 month non-compete that I was required to sign. I will give a little more background on myself, I got my associates degree in fish management and aquaculture sciences and a bachelors degree in wildlife conservation. I have chemistry experience and I also worked for a fish hatchery for a little while during an internship.

How do I get around the non-compete issue? I won't be able to work on my own business if I sign that, and if I don't sign it they won't hire me. I also have my commercial applicators license but not sure what kind of insurance that I would need.

I do understand that this is not an overnight success and that it will take lots of hard work and time to get where I want to be at. I understand that there are many factors involved when it comes to managing a pond and I know that I don't have all of the answers.