Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by anthropic
Staying out in storms is perfectly rational when the fish are biting. I don't care what anybody says!

I have experienced the fish biting in nearly a frenzy as a storm was approaching - on multiple occasions.

Wiser people than myself have advised that we should get off of the water. I have compromised by counting the seconds between the flash of the lightning and the sound of the thunder. I proposed one mile, but have been overruled to beach the boat when the lighting got closer than two miles.

I am still alive today to type on Pond Boss, thanks to some good buddies!

OTOH, it is terribly entertaining to have a bass hit your lure on EVERY SINGLE CAST!

Actually if you can hear thunder, it's time to get off the water NOW.

I was driving through Indianapolis on my way to deliver fish, sitting in the turn lane to turn left. Sunny sky, dark clouds in front of me, no rain. Not 1/2 mile ahead a bolt of lightening came down and struck a light pole. No rain, no thunder except for that bolt. There was a lady driving one of those Can-Am Rykers to my right that was going straight ahead. She beeped her horn and asked if she could cut in infront of me. Sure!! Her eyes were pretty big when she looked at me and beeped the horn.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).