Welcome to the forum.

I would go to a rental place and rent a 4" semi-trash pump along with suction and discharge hose. Drain the pond down so the water volume in the pond is cut by 75%.

Go purchase a pH testing kit (I am not sure if the cheap test strip kits will measure as high as you have to go to kill fish). Spread enough hydrated lime in the pond and into any places that have any standing water and check with the test kit to ensure that you have reached a pH of at least 10.5, a minimum of 11.0 is what I'd shoot for.

How much hydrated lime to use? I cannot answer that question. You can answer that question yourself by getting that test kit, and a bag of hydrated lime from the local big box store. Fill a 2.5 gallon bucket with water from the pond, measure how much hydrated lime you have to add to the bucket (by weight) to reach 11.0 pH when tested. Then you can do the math.

For a rough guess, take the surface area of your pond, multiply it by half of the maximum depth and that will give you a rough idea how many gallons of water is in it. Then it's a simple measure to do the math to determine how much of that specific hydrated lime you will need.

Wear protective clothing and protective eye wear when messing around with the hydrated lime. If any gets on your skin, flush it immediately with water or you will get chemical burns from it.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).