FishinRod, your recommendation with the wall is basically what I’m doing - I have a concrete wall, and am using airlift pumps to effectively raise the water on one side of the wall an inch or two, forcing it to flow through the stream. I’m not sure how much of the theoretical flow of the airlift pumps will convert into flow in the stream, as you’re right that a stream has a lot more “resistance” on the sides compared to a smooth walled pipe. That said the cross section of this “pipe” will effectively be 12 square feet, and the flow rate only 1 ft/s, so I’m hopeful that we will see some good flow. But it is an experiment for sure. What do you think of this plan?

Tony I’m using twenty seven 4” pipes for airlifts, with 3 cfm of air injected into each pipe at a depth of 48” using a regenerative blower. Based on a few research papers I’ve read this should give 71 GPM of water flow per pipe, for 1,917 GPM or 115,00 GPH total flow across all pipes.

Esshup that’s a good point, maybe I just add different sizes and let them choose. Smaller would be nicer to walk on so I wondering if I just go with that but I will do some more research.