OK Quarter Acre, while many of the other suggestions were interesting and gave thought to a number of highly managed experiments, your approach appears relatively simple and most directly in line with what I had in mind. It is not reliant on pellet feeding, controls overpopulation with HSB and HBG while maintaining their growth via stocked and reproducing feeder fish/crayfish. Feeder supply is given a strong head start followed with restocking as needed and HSB are eventually replenished after a number of years. I also need to point out the two ponds could not be more different. The pond I plan to stock with HSB is a rather typical pear shape wide open to sun with a dam holding water inflow from a channeled 17 acre watershed, so it gets huge inrushes at times with big rains. It has an outflow spillway into a swale taking overflow into a nearby wet weather creek about 150 feet away. The second pond is shaped like a barbell bent into a "U" shape and is about 400 feet from and 10 ft lower in elevation than the planned HSB pond. It is nestled among tall shade producing cedar elms and live oaks with a 5 acre unchanneled watershed inflow, no dam, and so no need for a controlled outflow spillway. It has spring inflows (which I don't yet know how to solve) which naturally fills the pond to about 20% to 30%, but is also preventing me from sealing it. It is about 100 ft from the same previously mentioned wet weather creek. Given its shape, I feel this pond would be more restrictive and/or stressful for the larger HSB. Because of its lower elevation, I could not gravity flow feeder fish into the HSB pond as you suggest, but I could net feeder fish from it and transport them. Any further thoughts or guidance, if any, would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone who responded.