Originally Posted by Bobbss
Thanks Jpsdad for all the information. I do have GSH in my main pond. I'm not sure how well they are doing, I mostly see large ones coming up to feed. I've heard good and bad things about them and not real sure how much I want to encourage them before I know my predators have a good foothold. I don't think I've seen any of the others offered by any of the fish suppliers around here but I will search more. I'm guessing I might have to find a place to trap some.

I went with FHM because it was easy to just trap a few dozen from the main pond and put them in and let them do their thing. I also figured that they wouldn't get out of control and hurt anything.
My sediment pond is pretty small, about 50'x60' when full and running over. It was about 5' deep in the middle but I can tell it has already silted in a lot, especially after I had some clearing done to open things up and increase my run off. Also it isn't near full most of the time so is even smaller most of the time. I'm hoping soon to dig it out some and make it a little bigger and deeper. But I also want to do some more clearing above and I know even more sediment will wash in so that should probably be done first.

Right. Just offering some ideas to combine with what you are already doing. Don't know how big the main pond is but you can do a lot with a forage pond that size.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers