Hello,

I have two new 1/4 acre ponds built which probably average 4 ft deep and are about 7 feet at their deepest. I have read prior posts for small pond stocking like this, but I still need specific advice. My goal is generally occasional catch and release fishing for both small and large fighters. I need to keep these fish interested in crank lures and flies. Harvesting to eat now and then is in the cards, but never enough to control population. I would like to avoid a pellet feeding program while also ensuring these ponds don't overpopulate with anything. I also don't want catfish, at least not initially. From prior posts, I think I need to focus on HSB and HBG. I also plan to heavily stock with feeder fish, and I am willing to do this regularly if not more than roughly four to six times a year. My main question is how do I keep the HSB sufficiently fed to grow large without pellets? I assume the non-reproducing HBG will grow too large for the HSB. I hope my goal is realistic. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks