Pat I try not to swim in my pond bc gators are a thing lol. With waders I feel less exposed.

Unfortunately some of both haha.
Have some friends hunting the wild ones off my property so they stop harassing my domestic ones.
Im finishing a set of GOS/Hampshire feeder crosses and switching to Berk/Meishan crosses and breeding

Today I either caught 2 turtles or the same turtle twice. Second time I had to let it run off with my biospawn swimbait because he was gonna snap my fingers off if I tried to take it out. Hope hes ok. First turtle was on a worm.

I had 2 cull sized bass (~1lb) but failed to get them onto the bank, broke off within a foot of it. Cause I suck.
I saw a few larger ones but they wouldnt bite, then I saw a HUGE fin splash from what I THINK was a5+lb bass, but I couldnt get a good look and it wouldnt bite when I cast to that area.

Huge storms this week got the pond up a LOT higher. I'm excited to get the shiners this weekend but I haven't heard from hatchery. I think there's *plenty* of grass for them to hide in, although I expect a bit of a feeding frenzy I think theyll be able to spawn a bit.

Last edited by CityDad; 08/05/21 10:36 AM.

Im going to ask a lot of questions, but only because I'm clueless

5-20 Acres in Florida. Bass/Tilapia/Bowfin/Gator