Thank you for the information above! Your responses were timely as I just got information back from somewhat local company here on recommendations...and I'm not sure I liked those recommendations even BEFORE I checked back to this thread. They recommended a linear pump with tube style diffusers...neither of which are recommended by you. I tried doing more research on the pump (Stratus) and I find no company website. Did I miss it, or is this a "house brand"? Sounds like tube diffusers are a bad choice. I have 2 young boys and too many projects, so I don't need hardware that will need constant maintenance.

The company was touting how much less electricity the linear pump will use. I get that, but it is hard for me to even compare since I can't find the specs on the linear pump. I'm looking more into this, but I don't think I will plan to run it 24/7, so that electricity consumption issue gets blurrier.

I will buy the thermometer mentioned so I can take some measurements, but my end of the pond does end up with "floating films" (pollen, cottonwood fluff, other dust/dirt).

As for tubing diameter, I'm not set on 5/8", which is what I mostly see on aeration websites. Would 1" be best for the underground distance? This is what I find local - https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/100-psi-polyethylene-flexible-coil-pipe-1-in-x-300-ft

esshup - I will be sending you a PM.

Thanks!

Share a 1.7 acre, kidney shaped pond with 2 neighbors; Stocked with bass and bluegill