Thanks for your insight and suggestions Rod. My long term plan is do just as you mention, establish some habitat and then stock a couple of different forage species as permanent populations. With the small size of this pond I don’t expect to pull many bass out each year but that’s ok.

This thread was intended more for getting info about trapping and identifying the native creek species I have here to possibly serve as near term forage for the bass while I work towards getting everything in place for the long term solution.

Where the 2” pipe inlet is located, the creek is small and flow is fast so I don’t think any of the native fish are making it into the pond. With the constant flow of water thru the pond, it is relatively clear so it’s easy to see what’s there and I don’t see any small fish other than the few spawning bass which is the reason for considering introducing some just to see what happens.

I’m thinking about trying the torpedo shaped minnow traps to at least catch some and identify what’s in the creek. We occasionally throw out some pellet game fish food and they readily feed on it. The bass will have nothing to do with it in the pond so they are living off the limited insect and frog populations.

Bruce.