It was *not* fished hard before I got it. Area was used by a cattle farmer. The other two owners who border are an old couple who occasionally toss nightcrawlers into their section of the lake with the grandkids, and a dude who doesn't fish.

The creek entering gets fished for bluegill and the waterway leading into that also gets fished hard. If my bass start swimming upstream that could be a problem.

Earlier in the year, before the drought got really bad, I could reliably catch a bass every 30 minutes with a few missed hooksets scattered throughout.

Through the spring spawn I didnt catch as many as I probably should have but was also really busy with the pigs. I dont get more than 2 hours a week to fish across 3ish days, and sometimes its when the sun is high and its hot as balls out. I also spend an inordinate amount of time launching lures into trees, or hooksetting logs, cutting down on my effective fishing time more.

The other day I saw a school of bass and they wouldnt touch my lure. Probably 6ish between 1 and 3 lbs swam around the big island forming my 'canal' a few times just to spite me I think.

I'm confidant there are too many predators, and need to thin out lots of them so my forage stocking has any chance at taking off.
Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get my chainsaw and polesaw running so I can clear more bank spots, and maybe topple a small maple and palm tree over into the water.

I've got a crawfish trap in a neighborhood pond right now, hope it produces by the morning.

Im going to ask a lot of questions, but only because I'm clueless

5-20 Acres in Florida. Bass/Tilapia/Bowfin/Gator