wbuffetjr,
Thank you very much for the advice. Yes, it is unreal to see these guys. We don't know how old they are...Actually found one floating the other day. We really have done much to the pond, working on the rest of the ranch, but want to keep the Brookies fat and happy. We were not sure what to do with them...we know they need more food, but didn't want to upset the cart. It was by accident I found this forum and we are going to study it and find out the best ways to keep our pond healthy and thriving! Once I have the time to figure out how to post some pics of our brookies, I will! In the fall when they are spawning they look like salmon - beautiful orange color and a big hump...very cool!

We are going to do some grass cutting - just bought a razor. we were told "do only a 1/3 at a time" slow and steady!

So is it legal to add crawfish? Our stream has a diversion into our pond and right outside our property the stream goes underground, so anything we do is just to our pond/stream. We live near one of the states fisheries...When I'm close to town I will stop by to talk with them.

Thank you again!