Here's a quick little update. This is my second batch of Tigers... so coming up on their third birthday. At this point they are roughly 8lbs. I believe I have roughly 4-6 survivors of 10 stockers in a 2/3 acre pond without any noticeable negative impact at this point. But as their gape increases I believe that will change. We have caught a few via rod n reel but it seems if you do stock a pond and want to remove them, a fyke net (trap net) is the best way to go about it.

Now to explain this video, I have a couple Kasco ice eaters placed horizontally to create a lazy river effect around my pond. Its my preferred aeration method at this point. Anyway, the TM love to come up in the current, partially exposed and just sit there. On occasion I'll see them hit a moving pellet. But mostly they just like to stare me down and freak me out. LOL Here is one hanging out on my swimming beach, oddly he showed up while my kids were in the water swimming.

PS A circulator is a great way to keep a beach clear of FA.

PS Again: Is this video not showing for anyone else?

Here's a link to hit until I figure out the embed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNz496qR68

Last edited by NEDOC; 07/23/21 10:50 AM.

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'