So I'm getting ready to do alum treatment this week on my newer ⅕ acre pond (two years old, stocked with LMB, BG, HBG, RES, CC fingerlings and a single koi in april), the fish are doing great with high daily feeding activity. Was just treated with soilfloc a week a ago to stop a seep in the spillway. The pond itself was built by damming off a pair semi-ephimeral steams where they converged with 15ish acre forest/brush/ and cattle pasture watershed feeding it . I've pulled 2 common snappers out of it already and know there is at least one more in there but its sub three inches and thus can escape the turtle trap I bought. After a heavy rain event it goes full chocolate milk then takes a week to settle back to the control jar level of turbidity (12-18 inches). Anyway I pulled the water for the initial test last night, added the 1tbls, 2 tbls, ect and this morning I find the test jugs, are crystal clear but instead of sinking, the floc floated to the surface. Can say that was completely unexpected. The only thing I can figure is maybe the normal concentration of 25lb/acre foot is too high, or is this an interaction with the soilfloc and I should wait longer? Sorry about the pics, I had to crop them down to get under the size limit.

Attached Images
20210720_113645.jpg 20210720_113713.jpg 20210720_113735.jpg