As an FYI - My neighbor removes about 60 BG and 10-12 smaller LMB from my 1 acre pond every year (not sure if that is what you mean by population control). I would also like to transplant 10 or so smaller SMB from my 2nd pond to my BG/LMB pond per year, but have not yet done this. Too hot right now, but maybe in fall. Was hoping my neighbor might do this for me as well, but not sure if he will. So far SMB and YP are doing well. No state records but my retired neighbor has fished the local waters for his whole life and never caught bigger of either species than he has from my pond. Biggest LMB was 6.4 lbs. so far. Another older friend caught this fish which is his personal best as well. He also caught a 4.5 lb. LMB which is his 2nd best fish. Still lots of smaller fish to keep the visiting kids happy with catch and release. I fished a lot as a kid in a tributary of the Delaware River where you never knew what you might catch. I seem to be less interested in fishing my own ponds. I still have fond memories of catching a 21" chain pickerel as a kid. It was a trophy for me.