Caught a mess of CC again yest, kind of nice to go catch a meal of fish whenever one gets hungry for em, can't wait till my crappy get big enough to do that.
The CC are definitely reproducing in my pond as I caught a few small fingerling sized ones which couldn't be from my stocking 2 yrs ago, I did catch one that weighed in at 3.28 lbs which is the biggest one yet, I feed sparingly, for about 8 seconds a day with one feeder which doesn't go very far in a 15 acre pond, just a sampling, and they clean it all up in under a minute, they fight over it so none of them get anywhere near full. my CC are always stuffed with crawdads, even tho they have an unending supply of minnows to eat, I do notice tho when the feeder goes off and the CCs show up the BG and other minnows stay away from them, they feed further out, the BG and minnows fight for the feed closer to the bank and cover.
I am impatiently waiting till google maps update their pics so I can measure the actual size of the pond, the most recent pics they have are when the trees were partially cleared and the tractors and scrapers were parked onsite getting ready to go to work 2 1/2 yrs ago, my guestimation is from the aerial photo topo maps.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.