Hi. I am new to this forum and could really appreciate some help. We have built a pond in our backyard that we started out using as a swimming hole. We had problems keeping the pond Clean and Free of bugs and algae and whatever else that's gross. We decided to get koi fish and goldfish to put in our pond and just turn it into a fish pond. The problem that we have is, no matter what kind of filter system we get and no matter what we put in our pond, it's always a dark green color and it's never clear and you can't see inside of the pond because the water is so gross. We have a liner on the bottom of the pond and once a year we have to drain the pond and pressure wash all the fun out of it and put fresh water in so that it can stay clear for about a month and then it goes nasty again. Our pond is 4 ft deep and 30 ft round. This is a pretty big pond and not your average backyard pond. We can't seem to find anything that is strong enough to filter out all the nasty inside of the pond and I want to make the environment for the fish very good. I want people to go outside and see the fish swimming around and living their best life but all I see is murky dark green water that looks disgusting and you would never want to get in it. We also have acquired some frogs who have found their way to our Pond somehow and I would like for it to be prayer for them to. Does anyone have any idea of what we could do to help keep our pond water clear and help our pond look really nice and clean? We have searched all of YouTube and we have talked to so many people and everything everyone has suggested has not worked. We even bought a really expensive filtration system and it didn't work either. The pond filter just kept getting clogged up with the nasty crap from the pond. Again, does anyone have any ideas that might be helpful? I'm at my wit's end.

Attached Images
IMG_20210320_164434751.jpg
Last edited by Leasha; 07/09/21 04:17 PM.