Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I’ve never thought of a rural land liability policy. I occasionally have guests/friends up to ride 4 wheelers....Guess I need to look into this.

Dave my attorney told me in no uncertain terms to not let guests on the ATV's period. She said guests/kids on ATV's are lawsuits waiting to happen. She said even if your own brother's kid gets seriously injured like paralyzed he's going to sue you and say "well I am really just suing the insurance company this is nothing personal".

So it just so happens when guests visit...our ATV's are "not working". It's not just the attorney either....2-3 years a go we had a rule "under 16 must ride with parent".....well during events that rule lasted about 15 minutes..We're busy cooking on grill and then there goes the kids that were riding with their parents driving/speeding by all on their own. Don't wanna be a "kill-joy" at guest outings.....so the "ATV's aren't working locked away in barn" works really well. There is so much more to do that after a few mins they forget about ATV's.

I do have ranch/farm injury liability insurance.....plus another piece of the puzzle in Texas is to post these signs on your property and take pictures of them. This law went into effect in 2015. It's not total protection, but every little bit helps solve the puzzle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As far as a fence around a pond, it may depend where your property is? I cant see this happening way out in the country....but if there are lots of close neighbors or within city limits or close to a town....then maybe it becomes an issue as society becomes more and more worried about liability.

Fishing has never been about the fish....