Originally Posted by anthropic
How'd the red fishing go? I love to eat them grilled on the half shell!
We fished for Bull Reds and they were hard to land when fishing in shallows where they would head to the brush and get off. But they are a blast to hook up on light tackle. It's like hang on Bro!
Frank, sorry to hear about you fighting the BPW again. I am not sure I can let any of it get started back because it is so invasive and will flat out take over the pond and cause a fish kill. I used a sk of Aquathol super k for spot treating right now, I just hope it works. After using Sonar to kill it off or in an attempt to kill it off I was told no other plant will grow in the treated water to take up the nutrients. And I would love to get my APW back up and growing. I also found two large Red Swamp crawfish from under the boat. When I moved the boat from the shoreline and into the water. I always look to see what is under the boat and being careful when I move it because snakes like to rest under the boat and I don't like snakes. I did like seeing the crawfish because it has been around 2 yrs since I last added any to the pond

Last edited by TGW1; 06/23/21 06:46 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy