Originally Posted by gehajake
After some hard rains overnight, about 3 1/2 to 5 inches depending on where you live, went out and caught a few CC and BG, probably lost as many CC as we caught, they are doing good and getting bigger by the day, landed two that were three+ lbs apiece, 1 was 3lb and 2 oz and the other was 3 lbs and 1 oz and another just under 3, am definitely going to have to take some better gear out there, its about 25 miles from home so I don't leave my best gear there in case its stolen but definitely am going to have to upgrade a few things, these suckers have some fight and know where the brush is. a lot of fun though even though Im not that much of a catfisher man other then on the river, and some superb eating.
Their stomachs were loaded with crawfish, although my pond is loaded with baitfish, a gazillion of them, but did not find any baitfish in them, only crawdads, only one had signs of fish food in him, I do have one feeder where I have it going off once a day for 8 seconds but that doesn't go very far in a big pond, they have it all cleaned up in under a minute. pleased with results so far, also caught one LMB that was stocked as fingerlings last fall and he was a good 8 inches long and super fat.

Have you noticed your CC getting hook shy or stop biting after you catch one? And thanks for mentioning the crayfish consumption, I was contemplating adding them to my Catfish pond, but wasn't sure how'd they do, and if they'd overpopulate without any LMB.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller