since starting this thread we actually got out and did some fishing and like some other posters have said we arent having trouble catching them my brother went out yesterday and caught 30 out of the pond i was saying we felt was over populated they averaged 6inches all being about in that range biggest being 7.5 i believe but our plan is to continue to fish it hard on the crappie and also harvest/cull some BG and possibly add some LMB from another pond that we our needing to thin them out in.
heres another question that is totally unrelated we have 2 ponds one of which has BC and 1.5 years ago we stocked 100 CC in each they were about 5in average length we feed these ponds daily hoping to see a catfish but nothing but bluegill. never in my life have i had trouble getting CC to eat floating food, i was thinking maybe the bass in these ponds hit them hard but theres really not any bass that i know of in these two ponds IMO that could eat a 5inch catfish. i tried fishing to see if i could catch a little catfish but as u can guess little BG where stealing my bait i might use my casting net to get some little BG out fast idk if you guys have any thoughts id appriciate it and thanks for the thoughts on the BC situation, im happy with the fact that we can catch crappie even if they arent that big i know we can always try to manage it or start over if we ever wanted to

north mississippi 3 acre, 1.5 acre, 1.2 acre, .75 acre, .3 acre, two .25 acre