thank you guys for your responses, when i posted this we had tried but hadnt caught any crappie in about a year so yesterday after i posted i went and bought 3 dozen minnows and went fishing and of the 3 ponds we have crappie stocked we caught crappie in all 3! we were happy but that soon turned to the realization that 1 out of the 3 seems to only have very small crappie (i expected this as i am not surprised or upset lol) but the other 2 ponds we caught crappie all different sizes between 5-11inches. i have a couple of questions because i never thought about BG being a problem that could really help me out i just figured without BG they wouldnt have any forage and then the cycle of not enough food/over eating fingerling bass would cause a chain reaction, in the pond were we caught all 5-6inch crappie we also caught about 10 bass in the 7-12inch area. in all in this pond we only caught 6 crappie in all so im not ready to say for sure its overpopulated but i think a good course of action would be to keep every crappie caught, keep all the smaller BG and i guess release all the bass? is this sound good. i hope its not confusing to read basically we took bass out of this pond last year because we thought maybe we did to good of a job with being so bass heavy and i think thats contributed to the crappie all being small. so to put it this way 2 out of the 3 im happy with but if i start removing BG out of them all, should i add anything for forage?? also keep in mind if the bass ever get to the point were they arent reproducing enough i have a large pond that we are always culling bass from and i can always add plenty of 9-12inch bass at the drop of a hat. thank you guys for you responses and for understanding that i know its a crap shoot with crappie no pun intended and its not the end of the world if it doesnt work out.

north mississippi 3 acre, 1.5 acre, 1.2 acre, .75 acre, .3 acre, two .25 acre