This evening we checked the traps with dog food and bread in them and there was nothing left in either trap. One trap is on the bottom and the other is suspended about 2 feet below the surface. We put Optimal bass in both traps and will check again this weekend. The spawning devices were originally hanging off the dock submerged between 12 and 16 inches. Both came up without any eggs that I could visibly see. I moved the spawning devices where one is 2-3 inches off the bottom in about 3 to 4 feet of water. The other spawning device is about a foot from the surface in 2-3 feet of water. We will check these again this weekend. I did some experimenting with the 2 Satinfin shiners caught 2 days ago. A fully charged deep cycle battery has been running on the double bubbler in the white 120 quart igloo cooler with 2 holes drilled for the air lines and 1 tablespoon of finer shiner 24 hours a day. Today I added enough water to reach 3/4 full in the cooler with an additional tablespoon of finer shiner. This evening I managed to find a 7 foot 1/4 inch mesh cast net to use and the results were nothing short of miraculous. Every Satinfin shiner on the surface thrown on within one foot of the edge of the open net was caught! However, only 6 of the 8 we threw the cast net on met that criteria. The 6 adults caught tonight along with the 2 caught Tuesday will be going in the forage pond tomorrow. They are doing great in my transport cooler. Slowly but surely I am getting where I am going while making adjustments in having Satinfin shiners in my pond.

This article is why the one spawning device is 2-3 inches from the bottom.
http://www2.dnr.cornell.edu/cek7/nyfish/Cyprinidae/satinfin_shiner.html

Last edited by Heppy; 06/18/21 12:58 AM. Reason: Source