Originally Posted by ewest
Have the BG from last year spawned ? Do a seine survey and post results. If you have had several spawns by BG then you wont need 2000 more but it would not hurt if you want a LMB lake. Are you feeding ? FH addition would be good. I would stock 35 LMB per acre if that is your goal. 100 LMB pre acre is to many if you want large LMB. Newer data indicates that rather than 10 to 1 BG/LMB that for a LMB pond 30 to 1 will allow you to keep sufficient forage for an additional 2 years.

Spent some time at the tank today. Both my boys have been swimming and fishing in it all day. It’s still 7’ from the floor of the dock and they have had a great time jumping into 12’ of water.

I have little schools of 15-20 bluegill all over the tank in the shallows and saw several 6-7” gills on the bed. Caught a bunch of them off the dock. I think I’m good on forage. I will drop in 10 more pounds of fatheads with my bass, and 300 catfish. I think the bluegill have really torn up the fatheads in one year. I’m going to go with 100 natives, 100 tiger bass, and 100 Florida’s. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I’m also considering golden shiners when I pick up my bass and fatheads. Any experienced comments are appreciated.

I’m really excited to see this much water in the tank with the fish reproducing so well. I’m going to do a water test on the next trip. The tank gets extremely clear and has a lot of Gyp outcroppings in Fisher county. It’s pretty black right now from all of the decaying vegetation, but I think it will get too clear again. I may need to add some grass carp as well.

Last edited by Scalebuster; 06/12/21 05:01 PM.