Well we finally got some rain and the seasonal creek has water now. I have been looking at options to pump water up to the pond for a couple of years now, I have been using a gas pump but don`t like the noise or keeping gas in it. I have tried a waterwheel with limited success. I bought a 48vdc solar pump but the results were less than desirable, it pumped good at about 3' of head but wouldn`t make the 20` that I have. It was advertised to pump more than that. I am currently using a DC treadmill motor hooked to a pulley driven 1" centrifugal pump. It pumps about 10 gpm at 20` of head thru 120` of 1" poly pipe. If I get 6 hours of sun that should be about 3500 gallons a day. In my 1/4 acre pond I lose 1 " a day (in the summer).That is probably about 6000 gallons a day that I lose to evaporation and seepage. If anybody has a better way to pump please let me know.
I have 8 100 watt solar panels wired series parallel producing 82v 11 amps in full sun. No electricity at the pond $30,000+ to get it there.
Looking for ideas, thanks