"Like the time I almost drove my excavator under the power lines with the boom up."

I actually did that. Nephew stopped me after I hit them, but before they broke. I hit the lines with the boom hard enough that the lines swayed like crazy for a long distance. I held my breath as I lowered the boom and backed up as quickly as possible. I'm lucky the lines or poles didn't break and I apparently didn't connect two bad wires.

I also unloaded my trackhoe sideways off the trailer once. That was a bit too exciting for a while. The trailer I use (and would love to replace) doesn't disconnect from the semi. As a result, it is fairly tall. You drive up ramps in the back over the tires. There are a couple points above the tires where it is metal on metal with limited contact. Not good at any time and especially when the trailer isn't perfectly level and you have a light rain. In half a milisecond I went from going good to wondering how bad this was going to hurt / what damage it would do to I survived / what damage did it do / apparently none / I'm glad this has wide tracks! / how do I get the other track off / WOW I was lucky! I need a different trailer!

I still have that same ***** trailer; but I've purchased some heavy rubber matts that seem to help (while I keep looking for a different trailer) and I'm close to paranoid around power lines.

Actually, I can think of two other scary momments with that trackhoe. I've been lucky, but I'm getting better.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]