Hey guys when dads pond was put it its 16ft deep and just over 2 surface acers in length. We decided to put in about a dozen GC into the pond. Well fast forward to 10 years to today. Now we dont have a algae problem with the pond at all which is awesome. But in a way I feel it hurts the LMB due to lack of cover and plants that would grown in the pond. So anyways when I was there on friday I saw one of the GC and that think was HUGE!! I would say about 4ft long and easily 40+lbs. Do you guys think that the GC are a mixed blessing in a pond depending on how the size and how many you put in as far as growth for the LMB? Do you think we need to start taking some of the GC out of there and see what happens as far as algae grown and plant growth? What does everyone think? I just feel like the GC effects the growth of the LMB in a negative way since we mostly have on average 1lb and 13in bass that we have caught the last few years. Now we have caught bigger but it seems like we are catching less and less. The CC and BG are doing awesome in the pond and hopefully the BC and perch will do just as good. I just think we have a LMB growth problem and I think the GC are causing it.