Ewest, As always, thanks for the input and I appreciate the words of caution. A few words of explanation and rationale....The alkalinity of the pond is 300+ so I felt there was no concern from that aspect. The last two years, I dissolved the CUSO4 in hot water and sprayed. Getting the wand down to the FA is only possible relatively close to shore so most of the spray has to be surface sprayed. I found that the sprayed CUSO4 took a heavy toll on the food chain as the solution slowly dropped to the bottom and treated the entire water column. My pond is a water table pond and is down about 5 feet right now. As I treated earlier this year than in the past, when the FA was just getting started, I decided to try broadcasting so the granules would drop quickly to the bottom and dissolve there, instead of treating the entire water column with dilute spray, in an effort to only treat near the bottom of the pond where the FA was growing.

Additional info: Treatments with Cutrine Plus and Cutrine granular in past years at max concentration per label seemed to lack the punch to handle our massive FA infestation.

Disclaimer: I am not recommending Copper Sulfate to other pond owners, just sharing my experiences. As Ewest rightly pointed out, CUSO4 should be used with extreme caution.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!