Hello everyone,

I have read and researched and can not find what I consider a definitive answer on how much and how frequently I should feed my BG. My goal is to increase the BG numbers significantly in order to increase the LMB sizes. I am currently harvesting all LMB 13" and under and am contemplating changing that to 14" and under because I am not catching enough 13" LMB to meet my goal poundage to remove. The pond is 5 acres and I had an evaluation done in October that recommended increasing the BG numbers significantly. I have been feeding Optimal food (42%) 3 times a day for 4 seconds each feeding (8am, 1pm, 6pm) since the end of Nov. 2020. I just added 600 4" to 5" BG on Friday to increase the reproduction rate.

At the current feeding schedule that I have implemented, the feed is consumed in around 50 seconds. It is a feeding frenzy and they start hitting the water as soon as the blower on the Texas Hunter starts humming.

The question that I have is, should I add another feeding slot into the day at the current 4 second rate or stay at the 3 feedings and increase the amount of feed each time? (6:30am, 11am, 3:30pm, 8pm)

Btw. I am planning on adding a second feeder to the pond possibly by the end of the summer. We will discuss this addition at a later date.

Thanks,

Dean