OK. So I will close by saying a couple things. It is clear that my suggestion of equal treatment of the feeds is unwanted. It's not part of the vision you have for this experiment. Even though I don't understand why, I respect that. I was trying to suggest things I thought would provide sufficient control to draw valid conclusions about a trial between two feeds. I guess the control fish won't be caged either. I am now convinced that no reliable conclusions can or will be drawn at all. Don't take statement the wrong way. It's only a matter of scientific integrity. One needs adequate control to draw any conclusions about cause and effect. If the controls are not there, it's wasted as an experiment and it becomes an anecdote.

There are ways to draw more insight from the experiment that pertain to palatability and feed adoption without compromising control. Satiation is not defined by "how much they WANT to eat", It is the food they will consume in a given period of time. How much the WANT isn't a term or property I can wrap my head around. You could measure the time it takes to eat a given quantity of feed. If fish are inclined to eat more of one within a given time period than another, they will eat equal treatments of feed in less time. But if you want perform the trial giving the feeds unequal treatment, I will not stand in your way.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers