Snipe,

I've attached a SS that you may find useful for scheduling feeding and estimating feed weights. I recommend that you follow a schedule like this for both treatments even during the feed training. If one feed is adopted more rapidly, it should still show up as better growth in that treatment even while the feed rates can still be demonstrated to be the same.

One thing I am interested to understand is the variation of growth within treatments. Will the variation be more in on treatment than the other.

Male BG have been demonstrated to twice the growth of females. Gonadal development (ie production of eggs) can severely tax growth. One needs to understand the distribution of sexes in all treatments at least by the end of the trial. It would be better to have a sense going in to equalize treatments then at the end of the trial verify the ids where visual determination would be more reliable. Dissection is preferable but I do not think necessary given the age of the fish in the trial.

Attached Images
FEED SCHEDULE.xlsx (18.88 KB, 197 downloads)
SHA1: ebe21b9af2536cc58b61d49dbc1b34c4c0a07e3f
Last edited by jpsdad; 05/22/21 10:18 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers