Is removing the perforated cap an option? Most stand pipes are just that, an open stand pipe. If you think you need some protection from solid throughput, the agri-drain guard would be a very easy/good option. They are made to perform well if there would be larger debris that could clog the system and let smaller debris pass...as the debris starts to build up on the drain guard, the water rises to the section of the drain guard that is not clogged and still allows for a strong flow. That's why they stick out of the water. I have added 1/2" mesh to my agri-drain to help keep small fish in, but it still functions the same way...it just clogs up faster.

I don't see many viable options for guards that stay at /below water lever. You could drain the pond down, add a large bell to the pipe with a larger diameter straight section and cap it with mesh or a large perforated cap. That would help keep it flowing with more accumulated debris than it can handle currently. The larger the bell and added straight, the better.

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 05/21/21 11:52 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel