I wanted to try to clean up the excess nutrients our 1/4 pond since it is now 7 feet low and about half the size and too many fish. We are in an extreme drought! we built 2 pvc rectangles and filled them with various plants. There is no electricity at the pond. I wanted to circulate water thru the plants so was looking at DC options. I have tried different pumps and even a trolling motor. I found some info on the air lift on here and you tube and seemed like what I needed. using a 60 watt air pump it fills a 1 gallon bucket in less than 3 seconds. Some findings on different set-ups. 12VDC sump type pump draws 12.5 amps/150watts. 30 pound thrust troll motor on low setting draws 6.9 amps/83 watts. Air pump 4.9 amps/59watts. All seem to move the same amount of water. The only thing about the DC air pump is it is said not to last very long. I may try an inverter and AC pump if the dc pump fails. I have only run this for a week now but the water looks a little better, just trying to make it until we get rain!