Hi, New pond owner here - bought a house and got a pond. I am located in NE Ohio, this is a about 60'x 100' pond with a max depth of about 6'
have had two pond management pros over to review the health. Both say it is in A condition (more details below).
I have also raked the leaves from this pond (et nausea) - and it looks clean and clear!
I have been reading up and THANK YOU all for your great information, now I have a few questions from the group:

#2-3 Aerator placement, good location choice?
– Per my photo, I will be moving the diffusers to their new positions at #2 and #3.
– the difusers are sand filled bases with rubber membrane difusers
– this is about 4-5ft deep in these areas
– the aerator is on 24/7 (matala 4 pro with 2 valves)
– the fountain is on about 4-5 hrs/day if it is not windy or raining
also, should I put the diffusers on a cement block -- also to add a hiding place for catfish and bass?

#4 Over spillway, keeping the pond fuller
I like the height of the water there is a creek that runs behind the pond
There is a 4" PVC pipe coming about 12 feet below the top level of the pond and about 10" behind, and there is a concrete block where I have indicated in the photo on the ponds edge
the pond level had dropped about 10" after the winter thaw and we recently found the overflow ,may have been leaching water? not sure bit I put a lot of mud mounded higher that the spill and it seems to be holding the height. if this works, what is the right way to block this area or dam the dam?

#1 thinning the cattails
done a lot by hand so far (a lot of crappy work!! but fun) and will supplement with a spray later this year to keep these within a walk in area where I can walk into the pond to cut the cattails in the fall.
I have Resolve contact herbicide for these
any other advice on these to keep them contained?

Water Lilies
I recently added two hardy waterlillies that will grow to a max of 6'
should I put the pots in another pot of pea gravel so the roots dont take into the natural pond?

Treatment plan
– I have a variety of grasses, duckweed and filamentous algae (to be treated with citruine plus 16oz)
– also about 6" of muck (to be treated after the citruine -- with muck pellets, about 16 per treatment)
– Pond dye (I use very little for the fish camo and algae control)
–also manual removal and raking
any additional advise?

Wildlife
– ducks (adorable) frogs and tadpoles
– Dragonfly nymphs
– geese have been held at bay
– possible heron visits
– Stocked with common goldfish, shiners, bluegil, cats and bass
any additional advise?

Natural ramp
looking to build a natural ramp to the right of the boat
should I put carpet down themn a liner over then rocks -- or just wait to see if the muck reducer works?
I may not follow through on this

perimeter planting
I am planning on doing a little wildlife flowers on a hill to the right that you cannot see in the photo for the birds, butterflies and dragonflies. any plants to stay away from? I am planning on doing cosmos, iris, lily of the valley and ostrich fern

Attached Images
pond copy.jpg IMG_2430.jpg
Last edited by FishTank; 05/04/21 02:52 PM.