The rain, although badly needed and 100% welcome, was poorly timed for me. Due to a weird algae bloom on both ponds I was starting spraying Cutrine Plus to kill it. Since you should only spray 1/2 the pond at a time, I had only sprayed 1/2 of the the 1/4 acre pond and was waiting for help from the grown Grandsons to go further I now have an unknown. What did the infusion of water do? I'll have to wait 3 or 4 days to retest after the water thoroughly mixes. Since alkilinity and ph come from the soils and not the sky, I doubt that it made much difference. The water is no longer pea green but I'll have to see what happens when I use the swimming pool test strips.

Why only spray 1/2 at a time? As the Cutrine attacks the algae, the water quality changes. Dying algae takes up O2 and the fish leave that area. In about a week or maybe not that long the water becomes safe again for fish and other organisms. Then I get to spray the other half and the fish again change locales.

This is the first time I've personally had this occur. I still have no idea why it happened.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP