Scruffy:

Back in 2003 / 2004, I was extremely concerned about green sunfish and bullhead catfish in my new 17 acre pond. I tried trapping, fishing, etc. with little real impact. Experts on here told me not to worry. That the stocked large mouth bass, channel cats, redear, bluegill, and hybrid striped bass would soon dominate. They did. I think it took about 5 or 6 years; but... I can't remember the last time I saw or caught either a green sunfish or a bullhead catfish in my pond.

Of note, I also had green sunfish get into a smaller pond (about an acre) - apparently came up an overflow from a creek during a rain event. I only have small mouth bass in that pond and they are most definitely NOT controlling the green sunfish. I'm hesitant to add LMB to that pond because I wanted it as a dedicated SMB / redear pond and the LMB would likely dominate. Plan was to develop another pond to transfer the SMB to and then drain / kill off the GSF.

Brother had GSF get into a 3.5 acre pond he had (again - probably up overflow during rain event). He didn't really want any fish in it; but agreed to have four HSB (in the 4 pound range) placed in the pond. I haven't checked if they were able to provide any control. I know they probably don't provide as good a control as LMB would; but he really didn't want fish in the pond and LMB would have resulted in a breeding LMB population.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]