Winona (Central East)
That's why I was hoping to get some before and after of people actually around here, to see if results varied by where, or climate.

Nutrients I would assume have been mostly from it being a cow pasture for at least a couple decades, the pond was two smaller water holed bridged into one pond about 10-12 years ago, both fertilizer and cow dung running into pond with every rain. When we first purchased and got the cows off, the shoreline had cowpatties actually IN the water and all around the shallow side where they could walk up to it.

No more cows, and the only place that should be fertilized other than the portion that will be my yard, far from pond, should be out of reach of the pond.

The pond will eventually be used for fishing, Plan was to lillypad the shallow side for fish/shade algae/grass control, and cooling, install at least a bubbler, maybe a fountain if I can get the vegetation that would likely keep it clogged under control. I figured littlepads would be easier to control that that steel wire based weed we have been ripping out of it!

Between fish and frog songs at night, just a clean and pretty part of the view over the green rolling hills of east texas.

going to have a small section dug out some when they do the dirt work for the house, but dams on either side you can drive over, and it was once larger, a LOT of dirt went into it when the neighbors cleared there place and had 100 trucks of dirt brought in, I think two trucks alone washed into the pond. The way it is shaped I believe the dam on one side was built to be a dam, the rest of the way around it is essentially carved out of the surrounding terrain.

I do not see anyone ever trying to swim in it, pretty much a fish habitat and a peaceful place to catch a fish and a beer after work.