All - I'm sure that there have been many discussions about structure/habitat, but I'm thinking about building something out of milkcrates. I have collected up quite a few from people who have donated them to me (for this purpose) and my idea is to build it in a 3X3 pattern (center empty though) and have multiple layers (bottom 2 layers would just be the corners to make legs, then a layer with 8, then 2 more layers with just the corners and finally another layer of 8) and I would put some rocks in each one for weight and so that there would be some growth for small fish to feed on. The crates should protect the smaller fish and the openings in the layers would give spaces for larger fish to swim through. The structure would be about 6 feet tall and I have pondered the idea of keeping the top only a few inches under the water and planting some plants on it to act as a "floating island" (but obviously not floating). Wondering if any of you had ever seen something like this or had any additional thoughts on how I could/should build this.

Last edited by LTL; 04/24/21 09:22 AM.