Originally Posted by Rebecca
Sigh, just found out that unfortunately down river from my creeks looks like this which makes me thing that my creeks look like this too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Do not lose faith!

A lot of the sediment in that creek is presumably due to recently plowed fields, current construction jobs, erosion around the steep slopes of highway bridges, etc.

Healthy plants in your watershed will keep your pond clean. You will be in control of the land to your east property line. The slope on your neighbor's property looks pretty gentle - therefore even if he has cattle or other land usage that leads to some erosion, that should only send really silty water your way during very hard rains.

Further, it looks like any water that crosses the dirt road on his land probably drains to the EAST, rather than towards your property.

Finally, topo maps and satellite views are very helpful, but there is no replacement for "boots on the ground". Keep an eye on the weather radar over your new property. Go out and hike your three streams within a few hours of the storms passing. Check out your water quality for yourself.

I suspect you will find nice clean water running through AT LEAST ONE of your streams, and hopefully more.

Good luck on your project!