Originally Posted by azteca
Hello.

I had to make another feeder.

All of this is fine, but unlike my small pond , I have to clean the tank.

I bought a siphon, but how to clean the tank without siphoning the larvae.
I thought of 2 things, I will put a 90 microns mesh at the end of the siphon.
Also I will close the light under the feeder, and turn on another light on the other side of the tank.
What do you think.
A+

Like QA, I think this risks killing the fry. First I would mention that unless you are overfeeding ... cleaning the tank isn't all that important over the time period that is reasonable. The fry will grow so fast as to fill the carrying capacity of the aquarium in a short period of time.

The best setup would be to have a filtering system that used the bottom substrate as a filter. So there is a plenum under the filtrate that has 1 or more risers into which air is pumped. This causes a flow that pulls water through the substrate and then finally out the risers back into the aquarium. The water flowing through the substrate is oxygenated allowing a good population of bacteria to clean the water and consume excess feed. A kind of RAS system. Some plants in the water like eelgrass would complete the system. If you are putting excess feed in that is too greatly affecting water quality, you could do water exchanges to improve water quality.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers