Now, back to the pond with a little info for my log...

Tues 4/6, I stocked...

15 CC ranging from 1 to 1.3 pounds (~14- 18"),
50 RES (3-4"), and
150 straight BG (4-6")

I have seen a few of the pan fish close to the surface since they were stocked and one floater that I think was an original HBG. Some of the fish (mostly Res, but a few of the BG) showed up on the truck with obvious signs of oxygen deprivation, but quickly settled down when transferred to my transit barrels with fresh pond water. I suspect that the O2 system on the truck was inadequate in that particular tank after talking to the driver. This added some stress to the fish. The CC were not affected best I could tell. Two of the observed fish that seem to frequent the surface of the pond had some whitish slime after a couple days. Once again, due to the stress of the trip to my pond.

I have fished for a total of 3 hours (two different days) and only had one bite/catch which turned out to be one of the new CC. It looked to be in good health.

The wind was blowing away from the dock and carried feed to the opposite side of the pond where a nice amount of feeding was taking place, nothing real exciting...sporadic, but consistent over the course of an hour or so. I saw no large splashes that would have been the HSB, maybe a smaller one with a lackadaisical attitude, but likely a larger HBG.

I wonder if my fish are just leery of the dock noise or maybe that all 3 of the diffusers are near the dock as there was only smaller fish mildly feeding near the dock. Good new is...they are starting to feed.

Fish on!,
Noel