Originally Posted by Alan Coleman
Sorry folks, it’s taken me a good 10 hrs to figure out how to reply on the forum 😀 old people and technology doesn’t mix well. As far as What I’m hoping for in my pond I guess first off I want a healthy ecosystem. And yes I want some bragging fish as well. I want my kids to have a chance to reel one in and not just look at empty baits. I want my ponds productivity to last more than 5 years. I want to stock it now and still have good genetics 15 years from now with a chance at hooking a rod breaker. I guess I want it all. I’m thinking of stocking 200 f1’s, 100 Florida bass, 100 northern bass, and maybe 50 hybrid stripes. What’s that sound like?

Well, if you want some bragging fish, you will have them with the Bluegills, but if you want bragging LMB, you should be stocking about 60 bluegills for every bass you put in the pond.

A bass has to eat approximately 10# of fish to put on one pound of weight. You are planning on stocking 450 bass. So that means that to go from whatever size you stock them at to one pound heavier they will need to eat 4,500 pounds of fish in the next 12 months.

For large bass, stock around 3,000+ Bluegills and 50 Bass per surface acre.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).