CNBG and LMB are in shoreline cover, including some bigguns. Trout were biting like crazy a few days ago, but lost enthusiasm when temps rose. Trying to harvest them before summer wipes them out.

Also harvesting underperforming small LMB, 51 taken out this year so far after 206 last year. Cormorants seem discouraged, didn't see any. Geese, on the other hand, are bad. Eight on the pond when we left, though I suspect from the squabbling not all will be there tomorrow. I set feeders to go off at 2am to cut down on feathered fish food felonies. Wonder how LMB and CNBG feeding will go on the night shift?

Added 25 lb of pond fertilizer after initial 25 lb put in a couple weeks ago. So far, just a tinge of green, far less than I want. Still have another 25 lb I can use, plus I now have 3 bales of hay, 120 lb, to add to the shoreline. Even if no TFS end up being stocked, I figure the hay will add fertility as it decays.

Forage pond is bursting with small CNBG, ranging from 1 to 2.5". Aquamax 300 and 400 feed now in at Purina store, so hopefully I'll be able to get that to the little guys in a few days. Right now I'm feeding MVP, which helps but isn't ideal for this size. The crisscrossed twine over the forage pond still seems to work great against cormorants, which may be part of the reason they've left early this year. Tiny pond has very good bloom without any additional fertilizer other than fish food.

Last edited by anthropic; 04/12/21 09:38 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160