We had almost 3 inches of rain two days ago and the pond got flushed rather well. The aeration is up to 24/7, but the diffusers are all 2-4 feet deep. I have moved them to open the pond up for fishing for the HBS. I should be getting 2-3 turnovers a day so long as the pond does not develop a thermocline. I doubt that it will as the pond is shaped such as if it were made to be circulated...steep banks and rather symmetrical.

All water chemistry parameters are in very good condition. DO is around 6-7ppm in the top 4 feet and the water temp is 51/52°F top to bottom. I am curious if it is from the rain flush or aeration, so I will check temps again after a few days without in/outflow.

I fished yesterday for 1-1/2 hours with two poles, a crawdad under a bobber and a garden worm, likewise...not a single bite...nothing. Probably from the shock of the large rain event. I hope to try again today. I really do not expect much catching until the fish start feeding. It's been crickets the last few days at feeding time. Visibility is currently 10" whereas it was closer to 16 before the rains and the craw trap has been only catching a few a day. The pond is still asleep I guess.

Jake, thanks for the thought! If all goes well this year, I may take you up on some CC next year. I will enjoy them, I'm sure. I can't wait to see the new (and old) fish coming to the feed!

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 04/12/21 09:38 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel