Q A, I think you will enjoy the new direction you are taking, I know they are not HSB but you havent been enjoying them a huge amount the last couple years, being hard to catch and all, the CC will grow like crazy with all the crawdads you have, seems like everyone i catch has craws in their stomach, and they are up over two lbs a lot of them, I thought it was just the ones that hung out by the feeder but I have caught some way across the lake, a long ways from the feeder that were over 2 1/2 lbs. I been pulling them all out and eating everything I catch, I am not a huge fan of them in a pond and almost wishing I hadnt put as many in but they are some fine eating if you trim the red meat.
I wish I had noticed this thread a little earlier, I would have been glad to supply you with your 1 to 2 lb CC, and we could have had fun catching them, I have been only catching what I can eat fresh because I have been told by several on this forum that they get hook shy if you catch and release them much, I have a friend that has hook shy CC from doing that.
And the panfish are a ball for the kids to catch, they are getting pretty good sized in the pond, fat and full bellies, they may be getting ready to spawn before long if the water gets a little warmer.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.