Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Yes but don’t over do it. Uncontrolled spawning can lead to an O2 crash. That’s a mess. Also, Fatheads need some sort of structure to attach their eggs to.

Re spawning, a LONG time ago I asked a guy I met named Lusk about stocking baitfish. He asked when I would add predators. Then proceeded to tell me about over spawning leading to an O2 crash.

He said “Remember this. Every predator needs prey and every prey needs a predator. The relation is as important to the prey as it is to the predator, because predators keep them from over eating their environment. But in the case of fish, they have a closed environment and can’t go elsewhere if they over spawn. Thus an O2 crash.”

So the predator/prey relationship is important in all of nature whether it is or wildlife like coyotes and rabbits or fish.

For a year that they are there without predators, I don't see that problem happening. When I say without predators, there will be predators, just not to the extent that LMB are predators. If there are GSF in there, there won't be much successful reproduction.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).