Originally Posted by John Kruid
Thank you sir, I will definitely look into them and that's a great idea mixing the feeds. I like feeds with multiple pellet sizes sinking and floating to kinda appease everyone.

Both the Optimal Bluegill Jr. and the Optimal Bluegill feed come in multiple sized pellets in the same bag. I mix Optimal Bluegill and Optimal Largemouth 50/50 in my Texas Hunter Feeder. The year after I switched from Aquamax to Optimal I had a lot less filamentous algae in my pond.

Here is a picture from a clients pond that we ice fished this past winter. These Bluegills were (I think) mixed in with Redear Sunfish that were stocked as 1"-2.5" fish in May 2019.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] They weighed 0.8# each.

On average he feeds 21# of Optimal Bluegill/Bass per month per surface acre. He will have fish feeding on the floating feed right up to ice on and the fish will resume feeding within a few days of ice off.

This Hybrid Bluegill weighed 0.9#. What isn't apparent in the pictures is just how thick these fish are. There are bigger HBG in there, that are over a pound. He believes this one was spawned in the pond, the HBG were all stocked as 1"-2.5" fish in May 2019 also. He believes that the HBG that are over 1# are the original stockers and the ones under a pound are the first year offspring.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).