iPhones store pics as ".heic files, not ".jpg, and that's why they won't load.

John, since you're a Mac guy, this is how I handle posting pics hosted on the PB forum server.

I'll select the pic I want to upload, and airdrop it to my Mac. Once there, I open it in Preview(which is the default option), make a "duplicate" of the pic so I can resize it to a width of 800 pixels. Then, I export the copy(option under File) which lets me change the extension to jpg. I also save it at max(lossless) quality. A maxed out ".jpg is way smaller than a ".heic, so there should never be a size issue.

Once that's done, I just add the pic under the "Attachment Manager". The link to the pic will not show up if you look at the preview, but will once it's posted. When you look at the finished post, the hyperlink to the file will show up at the bottom of the post. Click on that, and the pic will show up on a web page by itself. Copy the entire hyperlink shown in the web browser, then go back a page, and edit the post. Be sure and select "Use Full Editor". Then click on the "Insert Image Link", and paste the entire hyperlink you copied from the picture, and then hit "Ok". When you "Preview Reply", the pic should be there.

It may sound convoluted, but it's a breeze once you've done a few.

AL