Awesome snipe, that is good news. I look forward to my experiment. I don't mind if the result goes way wrong one way or the other. Even though it sounds like it will be tough for walleye to survive in my little puddle without all the proper depth, water flow and rocky bottom conditions, then at least they will have a huge supply of food to give them something to chase around. I have no idea how to sample them except to try to fish for them later this year.

If they don't do well or are dead already then I'll have boatloads of YP and by summer I'll see shallows full of 2-3" yearling perch. I'll know it is time to harvest many adult perch and then consider a new apex predator (my next choice would be SMB as they would also likely be a non-reproducing apex predator)

I'm hoping I don't have a over-capacity crash, but if it did happen, I would probably pump down, let it dry out and properly excavate to a proper depth and attempt a better seal on the groundwater veins in the bottom and then enjoy the process of rebuilding the forage base from scratch.